Sunday, March 3, 2013

late last night
walking to my bedroom
ready to sleep

all of a sudden,
i felt an urge 
a need
to create

to take out my paints
and splash them around
wildly
with abandon

and so,
instead of ignoring the urge,
instead of postponing with excuses and tomorrows and indecision,

i did it

i took out my paints
chose colours
spontaneously
the ones that called to me
wanting to be used

i chose my subject
it came to me at once
spontaneously

the bird in the park
who sat on my hand to eat bread crumbs

and so i began
loosely,
wildly,
randomly,
freely,
spontaneously,
confidently

sketching, 
scribbling, 
scraping,
splattering, 
swirling


and when I finished,
i began another
a wintry landscape
painted from the heart



and then another
and more

until finally, 
joyfully,
the muse was satisfied
and so was i

and i was free
to go to bed

1 comment: